Friday, October 06, 2006

Working my Nerves

I can't stand to see Food Network chefs when they attempt to cook Cuban food - because they're so fucking clueless. I know, I know, they're cooking for an audience of Americans who most likely think Cuban food is a regional cuisine of Mexico, so I should be happy they even bother, but for the cook in me, it's insulting.

Now I know how other ethnic groups when they see these chefs trying to cook their foods. The only one who ever did it the right way was Tyler Florence when he went to visit actual Cubans to see how they do it. By the way, Tyler is the hottest chef I've ever seen (and I've seen him up close) - and unless he's putting on an act, so down-to-earth. Yummy hot + super friendly = my eternal lust.

There, I feel all better now.

No, I don't, because Rachel Ray works my damn nerves. Stop smiling so much! Stop saying "chapping" when you mean "chopping"! Stop being such a cheap tipper on $40 a Day! Stop tucking your shirts in, it's not flattering!

Argh!

tags: , ,


Labels:



Posted by Tere @ 10/06/2006   | |

8 Comments

  • Blogger Manola Blablablanik posted at 10/07/2006 2:02 AM  
    RR is more annoying than EVOO!!!!!!
  • Blogger Rachel posted at 10/09/2006 11:58 AM  
    Since my first name is Rachel whenever I talk to a client they always refer to Rachael Ray or Rachel Green from Friends.
    Grrr... I don't think so.
    Yeah the E.V.O.O. drives me batty too.
  • Blogger Tere posted at 10/09/2006 12:19 PM  
    Oh, I can only imagine how annoying that must be!!
  • Blogger Alex posted at 10/09/2006 1:13 PM  
    Sorry girls. Must be a woman thing. Rachel Ray can smile all day as far as I'm concerned.
  • Anonymous Paula posted at 10/10/2006 10:39 AM  
    Annoying, yes, but I must confess I want the woman's job. Then I'd get to see Tyler up close and personal more often.
  • Blogger Tere posted at 10/10/2006 10:48 AM  
    Oh yeah - I'd take her job (or almost any job at the Food Network) in a heartbeat! I'll take that damned "chapping" and EVOO if it pust me in proximity to my beloved Tyler.
  • Anonymous paula posted at 10/10/2006 5:13 PM  
    Well he's coming back next year for the Food and Wine Festival... let's hope we can catch a glimpse or two or three or more of him. ;)
  • Blogger Tere posted at 10/12/2006 4:32 PM  
    Oh man, paula, I didn't know that! I'm there! THERE, right in his face.
  • Post a Comment

    « Home

    Create a Link