Friday, August 10, 2007

Take a Look Inside my Purse

Saw this at Her Bad Mother and thought it was a hoot.

This is my purse (or rather, the one I've been using all week):


And these are the contents of said purse (click to enlarge):


Let's examine, shall we?

1. My trusty notebook; carry it with me at all times. In it, I write down notes to myself, lists of all kinds, reminders, writing ideas, etc.

2. A random stack of papers. I have one in all my larger purses. It's all the crap I collect on any given day, week or month. In this stack, I can immediately spot a parking ticket, a lotto ticket (STFU), receipts and a maxi pad (hey, a girl has to be prepared).

3. Claritin, because I need to get a new prescription for my allergy meds, but the allergies, they show no mercy in the meantime.

4. iPod Nano on the thingy that allows me to listen to it in my car. Except that the lighter thingy in my car died a few weeks ago, and I'm devastated that I have to go back to CDs and the radio.

5. My "Hi, I'm a blogger, come visit my site" cards. Carry them everywhere and have yet to give any away (except to friends who already read the blog).

6. My make-up bag, containing one compact and 13,000 lip glosses.

7. Blackberry for work. I can't figure out how to use it, my messages don't come through, and that two-letters-on-each-key keyboard is driving me insane. Hate.

8. Breath mints. For my protection and yours.

9. Motorola Razr, my personal phone. If you've ever spoken to me on the phone, it was from this one.

10. Old, dirty, inefficient (and overstuffed) wallet. Time for a new one, it's just that the options are overwhelming.

11. Business card holder. With business cards in it. Ben gifted me this pretty, monogrammed case in our early days. Sadly, in real life, I'm pretty bad at self-promotion (see #5).

12. Socks. Because too many years of walking across flooded parking lots and ruining perfectly good shoes has led me to carrying rain boots in my car. The wet season sucks ass down here.

13. Tide To Go pen. It's useless; most of the time, it doesn't remove the satin. And when it does, I smell like Magic City Laundromat from Hell.

14. My pen.

15. Hershey's bar. For chocolate emergencies.

So now, what's in your purse (or bag)? If you do this, drop your link in the comments section.

Labels: ,



Posted by Tere @ 8/10/2007   | |

9 Comments

  • Blogger Her Bad Mother posted at 8/10/2007 12:40 PM  
    The only reason there's not a big fat chocolate bar in my picture is because I ate it.
  • Blogger Andy posted at 8/10/2007 12:58 PM  
    Way too much stuff in my wallet. For years, I've been wanting to boil it down to my license, two credit cards--American Express and one everyone takes--and maybe insurance card. But that hasn't happened yet.
  • Blogger Miguelina. posted at 8/10/2007 1:24 PM  
    Sending you good luck vibes - hope you win Fantasy 5!

    (Do they still have Fantasy 5?)
  • Blogger Balou posted at 8/10/2007 2:49 PM  
    Of course I had to do this. I can't believe how much crap I have in my purse!!
  • Blogger Miami-Forum posted at 8/10/2007 9:30 PM  
    My necessities.

    Digital Camera - I try to keep it with me or at least in my car. You just never know when it might come in useful!

    Business Cards - I got them to hand out too, but I really haven't given out too many yet. I've never been good at approaching strangers. So I really have to set my mind to giving them out in order for me to actually do it. But I swear, one of these days I'm gonna go to SB or downtown specifically to give them out.

    Cell Phone - When I Remember it. Lately I've been forgetting it way too much.

    Note Pad - I try to keep this in my car along with a pen.

    And finally, my License, ATM card and some cash.
  • Blogger Suz posted at 8/11/2007 8:06 AM  
    I miss my blackbery pearl!!!! Tere took it! Isn't it pretty? I have way too much crap in my purse to play this game.
  • Blogger mkh posted at 8/11/2007 9:28 AM  
    Once my main PC is working again I'll show you what's in my purse. I've ben wanting to write a purse post for a while, so perhaps this will be my incentive.
  • Blogger Claudia posted at 8/29/2007 12:05 PM  
    I finally did the purse post!

    Good idea about carrying rainboots in the car (ditto the wipes, must do that from now on).

    Where did you get your "Hi, I'm a blogger..." cards, they look cute. I just got some personal cards and I've yet to give one out because I forget to carry them with me.
  • Blogger Tere posted at 8/29/2007 12:11 PM  
    Claudia, I got the cards at Flickr. You pick from your photo collection the ones you want to use... I love them b/c they're tiny and unique!
  • Post a Comment

    « Home

    Create a Link