Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Back to Obsessing

I have quite a few obsessions swirling in my head, so it's clearly time to resurrect one of my favorite features here.

No sense in wasting time, people! Here are my current obsessions!

1. Frosted Flakes. While I am a lifelong Fruit Loops lover, lately I can't enough of the Frosted Flakes. It's pure sugar and awful for me, but I've been sneaking handfuls in here and there. It began with a plastic bag full of the yumness that my son brought from his father's house. I asked for some, he said no, and my obsession began. He finally relented and offered me ONE flake, but of course, that just wasn't enough.

2. My Skin. What the hell is going on here? All of a sudden, my face is all wonky. A small cluster of pimples on my forehead and chin, some odd bump-like things on my cheeks. Bizarre. But coupled with my recently noticing that I need to give my skin some extra TLC (such as, needing to find a good nighttime facial moisturizer), I'm feeling like my face is not my friend.

3. Taco Bell. It began innocently enough. My friend and I were joking about our recent marathon hanging out sessions, which consist of hours of us eating and talking. We joked that we'd hit Denny's at 2 a.m. and Taco Bell at 5 a.m. (though the reverse would probably work better) to round out the night. That's all it took, and I could not get the Mexican pizza out of my head. I just couldn't stop craving one. I've had two in the last few days. I know, I'm a pig.

4. Yellow Evening Dress. I have three formal events in the next two months, and I need an evening dress. I figure between a new one and the one I already have, I'll be good for all three events. The challenges? It has to be less than $200, and it has to be yellow. I tried on a gorgeous yellow gown (that was too big on me and over budget) and it looked so amazing on me that I'm convinced the dress I get has to be yellow. It's proving impossible to find a dress that matches my criteria and is not some hideous prom-like thing. I may have to settle for green, which also looks nice on me. But I really want yellow.

5. Monkey in Pajamas. I don't know what it is about my boy in his PJs lately, but he looks so sweet and adorable and munchy delicious that I can't handle it. Bedtime and early mornings have become sheer lovefests, full of snuggling, tussling, kissing, hugging and tickling. Perfection. And then he scampers off in his PJs, running to grab his cars and trains, looking so big and yet so babyish still, that my heart aches and swells and all but bursts with love and pride and sadness. This boy, he slays me.

Labels:



Posted by Tere @ 3/31/2009   | |

2 Comments

  • Blogger slouching mom posted at 3/31/2009 12:51 PM  
    Love the Frosted Flakes.

    Love a Taco Bell bean burrito, too.

    Mmm.
  • OpenID morosconcristianos.com posted at 3/31/2009 8:10 PM  
    Tere, go to a dermatologist for the skin thing; it sounds like it may be an onset of Rosacea.

    The doctor can give you a treatment to help keep it under control; however you will have to find your own triggers.

    If you are like me, stress might be your stronger Rosacea trigger. Oh yea, and red wine too.
  • Post a Comment

    « Home

    Create a Link