Sunday, July 31, 2011

Birthday Addendum

He's known all along that I'm a shoe fiend. He's known that for my birthday I want things that I covet but would never get for myself. He's known that shoes are always a great option, and that sometimes, a purse if I'm in need of one or know of one that I love.

And yet, he's refused. He's flat-out told me numerous times that, no, no way could he gift me stuff like purses and shoes.

Sorry, darling, I can't bring myself to do it.

And all this time I've been like, seriously?!? Because all I want are shoes!! And purses sometimes.

Why the aversion to these things, I have no clue. He's tried to explain but over here, does not compute. The best I could gather was that he felt weird about it. I'm not even sure what that means. It's not like he'd have to walk into Macy's and feel purses and shoes up and sniff them and whisper to a sales associate that he'll take the slouchy black hobo or green strappy wedge sandals.

So I'd chalked it up to one of his (um, many) quirks and left it at that. Until he asked me to send him a birthday wish list so he could get some ideas, and I thought it'd be great fun to send him a list with links to nothing but purses and shoes. heh.

But if you scroll just a few posts down, you'll see that this year I didn't really want anything except the Gucci purse I've been (shamefully, self-loathingly) coveting for years now and will never get (he knows I'll smack him with that purse if he dares spend that much money on what is essentially a pit for all my crap) and these spectacular wedge heels that were sooooo pretty but impractical and out of my price range. Even on sale, they were too much for me to spend on myself, and anyway, my size had run out.

But they were pretty, oh, so pretty. And sexy and fun and.... and.... sigh.

I just figured he'd go through my Amazon wish list or wing it, and whatever. I knew I'd love his gift no matter what and then at Christmas I could once again ask for shoes or a purse.

And then he went and did this:




Oh my lord. Oh my. OH MY.

Sooooo pretty.

He got me good.

Labels: ,



Posted by Tere @ 7/31/2011   | |

2 Comments

  • Blogger Freckle Face Girl posted at 8/01/2011 9:05 AM  
    Picked something amazing just for you even though he didn't feel comfortable doing it - That shows he is definitely a keeper!
  • Anonymous PattyShukla posted at 8/04/2011 12:20 PM  
    Happy Birthday!
    Cheers,
    Patty
  • Post a Comment

    « Home

    Create a Link