Friday, July 08, 2011

Oh Birthday, My Birthday

It’s that very special time of the year: time for me to get myself some birthday presents!

There’s nothing specific I truly want (though you should see the obnoxious wish list I gave Jevo!), except for the ostentatious purse and these awesome shoes that are still not cheap enough for me to actually get (and just great, my size is sold out!). So, I'm left to wander the vast Internet, all lonely and confused.

Actually, for once I've not really been looking forward to my birthday. I don't know why, as there's no actual reason for me to feel this way. The best I can come up with is that I'm (finally?) feeling old, which is utterly ridiculous, but true. I think I'm beginning to age, and my biological clock is kicking my ass, and I haven't had time to play racquetball so I feel fat and gross, and.... wwwaaaahhhhhhhh.

I can't even muster the enthusiasm to shop, people! Or to covet pretty things! Is this what happens when you're truly getting old, you stop caring? You feel indifferent to whether or not you get a gift or if anyone remembers? You could care less if the day even comes?

I sound so gloomy about it, yet I know it'll be a lovely day and I'll be happy. What gives?

Sigh.

Labels:



Posted by Tere @ 7/08/2011   | |

7 Comments

  • Anonymous Balou posted at 7/08/2011 6:59 PM  
    Is this what happens when you're truly getting old, you stop caring? You feel indifferent to whether or not you get a gift or if anyone remembers? You could care less if the day even comes?

    Yep, that pretty much sums it up. The last time I tried to put any effort into celebrating was my 40th and, well, you saw how that turned out. =/ I used to love my birthday and get super-excited about it. Now, I'm just apathetic just can't be bothered.
  • OpenID Neha posted at 7/11/2011 11:56 PM  
    I am not that old but I don't care about birthdays anymore. I just like to do a little get together and that is about it. Your body will grow old as you age but do you really get old with your body? I believe you grow old when you accept that you are old. If you feel young and you are active and out there to enjoy life, and you accept your age as it is, you will still enjoy and live life to the fullest.

    I was Googling for blogs and came across your title.

    Neha
    http://nehaduggal.wordpress.com
  • Anonymous Anonymous posted at 7/12/2011 11:08 AM  
    hai i think aging is not in years but in heart
  • Anonymous Coffee Percolator posted at 7/12/2011 11:26 AM  
    Age is a weird. That's all I can say. What happened to the days when we spent an entire week celebrating our birthday as children? Now we buy our own presents and make our own plans for cake and celebration. My birthday is next week so I find your words just too relevant. In my lonely time spent surfing the internet i have decided to chuck my coffee maker and purchase a
    Coffee Percolator. Happy Birthday - at least age is just a number...
  • Blogger CNK posted at 7/12/2011 11:33 PM  
    have a blissful birthday TERE!! :)
    superb gorgeous hanbag btw! love it.
  • Blogger CNK posted at 7/12/2011 11:35 PM  
    visit mine as well ya tere.. oh btw, ur baby is soooo damn cute!

    :)

    http://pelangichanteque.blogspot.com
  • Anonymous Zetaclear posted at 7/26/2011 5:11 AM  
    Everyone really loves enjoying Birthday and having lots of gifts and thanks for sharing this beautiful event.
    Venapro
  • Post a Comment

    « Home

    Create a Link