Thursday, March 08, 2012

Things I'm Reading - 1

It's been a while since I attempt to introduce a "regular feature" here, because frankly, I suck at keeping them regular (anyone remember my Obsessions of the Week? Exactly.). Most times, I just run out of ideas and the feature fades into oblivion.

But I'm going to give it another shot because I think this one might (and note that, might) be easy enough for me to maintain, despite my now-regular feeling that I'm too swamped to post here (though my draft pile is huge and full of stuff I'm dying to complete).

Just about every day, I read a few articles that either make me think more deeply about an issue, or make me laugh, or educate me. If I really enjoy a piece or have any kind of strong reaction to it, I'll share it on my personal Facebook account. Friends periodically message me to tell me they enjoy my links, while other times, a good discussion is generated in the comments. I enjoy this, a lot.

So I've been thinking, why not bring my phenomenal sharing powers far beyond the confines of my small FB domain and offer it to the world? Sounds pretty excellent to me!

And so, without further delay, here are Things I'm Reading this week:

1. I'll be posting a lengthier post about this issue in the next few days, but I find this piece so excellent that I have to share it now. Possibly one of the best articles I've read about Rush Limbaugh and how disgusting he is. A must read, so go. Read. (And them come back here.)

2. An interesting piece on Latina voters and GOP primary.

3. A too-short piece about a recent study about empathy in romantic relationships. I haven't found more about the study (actually, haven't had time to look), but while this piece didn't really have enough meat to it, it still made me think. The actual study is here.

4. Mad Men premieres in about two weeks, and I'm beside myself with excitement. A cool piece in the New York Times.

5. I found this mini-analysis of HBO's Game Change to be insightful and fair. I'm not sure I'll watch it, but this piece further intrigued me.

6. I LOVED this piece about important changes in attitude regarding breastfeeding. These updated guidelines, I believe, put us on the right path toward better breastfeeding (and hopefully maternal leave) policies.




Labels: ,



Posted by Tere @ 3/08/2012   | |

1 Comments

  • Anonymous arif rachman posted at 3/09/2012 12:09 PM  
    thank you
  • Post a Comment

    « Home

    Create a Link